Oil coming from intake manifold bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow.....so much drama. Sheesh :rolleyes:
Right! If any of it would've pertained to the the topic, I would've just rolled with it. But since they wanted to personally attack me, I felt obligated to push back. It is what it is, and it's all over with as far as i'm concerned.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of those edelbrock valve covers to.
You must be registered for see images attach
That aluminized blue looks good. Is that custom or did u find it from a retailer? I thought about getting some rocker arms i've been seeing around like that

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong, but do you have 2 PCV valves on the engine? I was under the impression that you should only have 1 and the other side be a filtered breather. My logic is that the breather side allows filtered air into the crankcase and the PCV side applies vacuum and pulls it into the engine to burn. If you are putting the crankcase under vacuum from both sides I would think you are being hard on the seals and more likely to cause a oil leak, although that location would be pretty low on my expectations...
Yeah, it was machined with 2 holes on the driver's side. I have a PCV valve and a hose going into the back of the throttle body riser. But the vacuum from the front of the throttle body is going to the passenger PCV. This is an older picture, but the setup is still pretty much the same aside from new hoses and whatnot.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's strange, my 3704 holes aren't slotted.

Yeah, it looks like they drilled another adjoining hole into it for some unknown reason. I'm guessing it's because the bolts have to go into the head at a slight angle instead of straight down.

Mark Gilbert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, it was machined with 2 holes on the driver's side. I have a PCV valve and a hose going into the back of the throttle body riser. But the vacuum from the front of the throttle body is going to the passenger PCV. This is an older picture, but the setup is still pretty much the same aside from new hoses and whatnot.

I am pretty sure you shouldn't have a PCV valve on the driver's side. It should allow air to flow back into the crankcase and the valve will only allow air out of it.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A Democrat would have an aneurism if they saw this many guns in 1 household. I'm a member of the "mind your business, and i'll mind mine" party.

nice pic bozo. now the commies can point and say " that nut shouldnt be allowed to have weapons. "

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a PCV valve and a hose going into the back of the throttle body riser
There normally isn't a PCV valve in that hose on the driver's side, It should be open.

Yeah, it looks like they drilled another adjoining hole into it for some unknown reason. I'm guessing it's because the bolts have to go into the head at a slight angle instead of straight down.
I'm confused, why the picture of the throttle body?