OD no worky - 4L60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'd check servo for torn seals, mainly the 4th piston. sonnax makes a "D" o-ring kit that is a nice upgrade for the seals here: 77767K-SK. use lots atf and/or Vaseline when installing, you can clean up any sharp edges with green scotchbrite.

just remember even if you fix the slip the band may be compromised so don't be surprised if you fix it and the problem returns...

Yeetsmyfeets

Reaction score
i'd check servo for torn seals, mainly the 4th piston. sonnax makes a "D" o-ring kit that is a nice upgrade for the seals here: 77767K-SK. use lots atf and/or Vaseline when installing, you can clean up any sharp edges with green scotchbrite.

just remember even if you fix the slip the band may be compromised so don't be surprised if you fix it and the problem returns...
I'll do that. The PO said he checked the servo and it was fine, but man, I can't think of what else it could be. Hopefully the band is alright, the PO parked it as soon as it began slipping and I've only driven it in (D) so fingers crossed.

Yeetsmyfeets

Reaction score
Also I had already planned on rebuilding it, so if that's the case then it's no worries. I'll see how things pan out, but may be renting a shop over the winter, so I'll have a space to do it. I already got a parts list going, but should def get differing opinions on what to get. Maybe I'll make a separate thread for that. Maybe call it the great big ol check balls and trannies thread or something.

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look at the 2-4 band apply pin length may be long enough to apply 2nd but not long enough to apply 4th ran into that once in a 700r4.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look at the 2-4 band apply pin length may be long enough to apply 2nd but not long enough to apply 4th ran into that once in a 700r4.

Is there some reason the pin length would change over time? Evidently the trans worked fine for the original owner for many years / miles.