obs tyc allignment problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright i got some tyc elegante headlamps and the mofos wont align i know how

to do it but when i stick a socket through the holes on the core support to turn the screw like things the light doesnt move at all, ive tried doing this with and without the grille shell on and nothings working and im starting to get frustrated bc it shouldnt be this hard.

i know its easy but why wont the damn lights cooperate?

am i doing something wrong??

You must be registered for see images attach

passenger side sticking out need to come in towards center of truck

driver side needs to come down

driver side sits flush

screw/bolts to aim

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I have OE replacement TYCs in mine and I wasn't able to get them perfect.

Last edited:

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
That was supposed to say I wasn't able to get them perfect haha.

TYC has a bit of a reputation for their lights not fitting great on these trucks.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i can get them to move the are just crooked in the grille its like one side needs to come down but i cant adjust one side

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the same elegant. The passenger side light won't sit parallel with the ground, it will takes some trimming of the mount holes to correct the problem. I'm confident this is a problem with all aftermarket lense mounts

The problem with the adjuster is that it's simply broken, one of mine works perfect but the other broke on with very little force.

I'd see I you can exchange the busted one or else your going to have to figure out a way to reconnect the adjusted screw to its 90 degree female end that comes off of the housing

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
every brand of aftermarket lights ive tried have never fit as good as the originals even after considerable mods to the mounting brackets and such, even when swapping the oem mounts to the new lens. i am pickier than most but when they say direct replacement its crap.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the glass housing i had on before set great and looked beautiful just didnt have the bulb cover on low beam so if i ran hids those bitches would blind people and glare like hell.

heres some finished pics they are done the best they can be.....not fully satisfied but hey what can ya do they still set a little crooked

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the glass housing i had on before set great and looked beautiful just didnt have the bulb cover on low beam so if i ran hids those bitches would blind people and glare like hell.

heres some finished pics they are done the best they can be.....not fully satisfied but hey what can ya do they still set a little crooked

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ones I just put in don't have the glare shield either. Gonna try and point them down as much as possible. They went in no problem. I dont do alot of night driving anyway. EAGLE EYES was the brand.