obs tyc allignment problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i have some nice glass housings i drove tonight with these elegantes and they are nice dont have hids but wasnt flashed once and good light output, only problem is the crooked look of them in there, may have to rig up some shim or something to put between the headlight and the grill to push the one side of the light up

sidenote got pulled over..........not for the lights.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I have the same lights and had the same problem with one of mine. After I pulled the light out I realized one of the adjusters was stripped. I had to retrofit one from my old light onto the new light to get it to work right.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It seems to be about 50/50 with the Elegante lights on having good adjusters or not. I've had no problems and many others have been good, but I do hear about plenty of people having busted adjusters. As for getting the lights to sit perfectly level, you're going to have to pull them off and wallow out the mounting holes a bit to give yourself a little more adjustment. I got mine really close without having to do that, so I'm good.

The ones I just put in don't have the glare shield either. Gonna try and point them down as much as possible. They went in no problem. I dont do alot of night driving anyway. EAGLE EYES was the brand.

If you're running HIDs in clear housings with no glare shields, no amount of aiming them will keep you from causing bad glare for other drivers.

Just sayin'...

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
If your running HID you need either get shields or Projectors. It will make the light output better for you as well as
Not blind everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ I know that from experience. lmao. That's why I got projectors, stops all that nonsense.

Yeah, I know from experience from helping a friend. I told him to make sure to get shielded lights, but he didn't listen. I made sure to not be in front of him ever when driving at night.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o ya for hids that tiny little foil cap makes a huge difference! learned that myself with my old truck... i got flashed like crazy and they where aimed low. new truck i made sure they had that tiny foil cap but i hated the ebay lights because there fitment REALLY SUCK!!!!! they stuck out like half inch or so all the way around.LOL i finally found some OEM headlights with perfect lenses so i swapped em out!

and just like said no matter how good of a brand it is you still gotta tweak it alittle to fit perfectly. those dont look to bad. simply measure how much they are off from the grill and take the grill off and wobble/elongate the mounting holes on the brackets so it moves the headlight that much. you can elongate all the holes and then snug the bolts down just snug NOT TIGHT! and then put the grill back on and move the headlight around till its in the perfect spot in the grill THEN either carefully pull the grill off without bumping the headlights and tighten the bolts down or try to reach up thru the parking light holes and try to tighten down the botom 2 bolts if you can, and then take off grill to tighten them all down and then test again with the grill on. and just keep working at it.
remember even brand new parts need tweaked at the factory when being made.. they know the secretes to line them up perfectly just takes alittle longer. but in the end its worth every extra second for that perfect fit and look!
also after fitting. be prepared to adjust headlights again and tweak the headlights again if needed cause the alignment might throw it off alitle bit. ;) dont get discouraged.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
It seems to be about 50/50 with the Elegante lights on having good adjusters or not. I've had no problems and many others have been good, but I do hear about plenty of people having busted adjusters. As for getting the lights to sit perfectly level, you're going to have to pull them off and wallow out the mounting holes a bit to give yourself a little more adjustment. I got mine really close without having to do that, so I'm good.

No busted adjusters just had to drill mine out a few times to get them situated so they fit right into the grill openings.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well driving with them at night behind my buddy he told me they didnt look high or blind him at all and i got in front of him a ways and they gave me good output, today i ended up making some little spacers and fit one above the passenger light and one below the driver to straighten them so they look good to me and ya cant notice the spacers unless u look for em

You must be registered for see images attach