Obs suburban w/35’s stock suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just finished the front of my c2500. 4.5" knuckles and 315 75 16's. (34.6")
Rear is next, gonna hammer off the rust scale on the leaves, re-arch them 2", add a leaf, and a 4" tapered lift block on each side.
The 2500's are a tad higher than a 1500, so you'll likely need a 6" lift...

Attachments

• 20211002_153710.jpg
    20211002_153710.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211003_112434.jpg
    20211003_112434.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 43

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the early days, GM's trim levels were: Cheyenne, Scottsdale, Silverado.

Generally speaking:

Cheyenne was the "no options" or "stripped" truck. Plastic floor, crank windows, no A/C, steel wheels.

Scottsdale was carpet, A/C, cloth seats. Maybe some chrome, alloy wheels. Manual tranny, manual transfer case floor lever.

Silverado was chrome grill, chrome trim around the wheel wells, leather seats, A/C, premium radio, power windows and locks, alloy wheels, push button t-case shifter.

Things like that...

So in your case, just putting on Silverado badges, without all the accoutrements of the package would be like lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig, its fake, and those who know trucks can spot the cheating. Like a v6 Camaro with IROC stickers on the doors...

Now, once the GMT800's were introduced, GM named the entire truck series "Silverado". Kinda like the Tahoe package on my Dads old 1991 S10, became a named vehicle 3 years later, or how my old 1991 S10 Durango had its name purchased by Dodge.

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lastly, to answer your first question. It's not gonna happen.
Your OE tire size is 28", you want 35's. You need 3-5" of clearance above your tire for normal suspension articulation. That REQUIRES 6-8 inches of lift to fit 35"s. Can you cut out 7" of fender from around...
(front, back, and top in the front, you need to turn corners after all)
and above the tires?

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the early days, GM's trim levels were: Cheyenne, Scottsdale, Silverado.

Generally speaking:

Cheyenne was the "no options" or "stripped" truck. Plastic floor, crank windows, no A/C, steel wheels.

Scottsdale was carpet, A/C, cloth seats. Maybe some chrome, alloy wheels. Manual tranny, manual transfer case floor lever.

Silverado was chrome grill, chrome trim around the wheel wells, leather seats, A/C, premium radio, power windows and locks, alloy wheels, push button t-case shifter.

Things like that...

So in your case, just putting on Silverado badges, without all the accoutrements of the package would be like lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig, its fake, and those who know trucks can spot the cheating. Like a v6 Camaro with IROC stickers on the doors...

Now, once the GMT800's were introduced, GM named the entire truck series "Silverado". Kinda like the Tahoe package on my Dads old 1991 S10, became a named vehicle 3 years later, or how my old 1991 S10 Durango had its name purchased by Dodge.
Mine has cloth interior but it’s all screws up. But I gues 535,000 mileage will do that.

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lastly, to answer your first question. It's not gonna happen.
Your OE tire size is 28", you want 35's. You need 3-5" of clearance above your tire for normal suspension articulation. That REQUIRES 6-8 inches of lift to fit 35"s. Can you cut out 7" of fender from around...
(front, back, and top in the front, you need to turn corners after all)
and above the tires?
True, I just wanted the filled wheel well look. She mostly rows my camper and gravel road bashing

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True, I just wanted the filled wheel well look. She mostly rows my camper and gravel road bashing
Towing with a lifted truck is very tough on components. It it was my truck, I'd keep it just high enough to clear all road debris and washouts. Remember, giant tires reduce your towing ability, brakes, and increase its center of gravity.
If you need oversize tires, regear the rear axle ratio to compensate. I'm going from 3.73 to 4.56 to regain acceleration, towing, and proper RPM at highway speeds.

Last edited:

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Towing with a lifted truck is very tough on components. It it was my truck, I'd keep it just high enough to clear all road debris and washouts. Remember, giant tires reduce your towing ability, brakes, and increase its center of gravity.
If you need oversize tires, regear the rear axle ratio to compensate. I'm going from 3.73 to 4.56 to regain acceleration, towing, and proper RPM at highway speeds.
I’m not even sure what ratio I have and I also decided to go with 31” tires