OBD-I to OBD-II Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Can these be used for 96+ programmers? I don't think it will because I don't know if there will be a conflict with the TBI vs Vortec or the OBD-1 vs OBD-II systems :shrug:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're referring to...

OT, I like your avatar, I forgot all about that image...heh

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I hadn't even heard of them until Chris.G. said something about it.

I don't think OBD1 can handle and transfer the amount of information that OBD2 can.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you trying to do with the adapter?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
what are you trying to do with the adapter?

In the "What did you do to your GMT400 today" thread Chris.G.Jr. said he had bought an OBDI to OBDII adapter. He never said anything else about it.

As far as Scott wanting to know if some kind of adapter like that would make the possibility of using a programmer for the OBDII trucks I'm sure that wouldn't work because the computers are completely different and wouldn't learn the information.

Am I correct in thinking this?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, that wouldn't work, they're TOTALLY different, I don't even think you'd get the programmer to recognize the OBDI computer. and if you were able to somehow get the 96+ programmer to flash it in there, it'd totally fubar everything up, OBDII not only was a totally different computer, but a totally different engine (as far as control goes, i.e. 8 port injectors vs 2 TB injectors, crank signal, fully computer controlled timing, different 4L60e control, etc..) they're two whole different worlds when it comes to engine control.

not only that, but doesn't the TBI computers require a chip to be burnt? i.e. no flash memory? or is that just earlier TBI's?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm not looking for all the power increases. I was thinking more of the Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator. I see where you guys are coming from. I didn't expect it to. Thanks for the help guys!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, even that wouldn't work.