o/h console info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 gmc extended cab with the overhead console already or still in the cab. The problem is the front of it is missing a piece and I am not too sure what fits or is supposed to fit in there.I would love to have a dic in there but I have no idea if I can just drop 1 in to this setup or if I need a suburban one for that install. Could someone clarify that for me and let me know what my options are too. If I can;t have the dic put in I will be looking for the temp/compass/auto-dimming rear view mirror with pigtails and probe !! Thanks for your help !! What a great forum for info btw !!!!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The pickups didn't come with the display, only a plastic filler panel iirc.

94 will only support a temp/comp unit, it doesn't have the serial 2 data in the obd datatstream to drive a dic. Obdii trucks can support a dic, but that's 96+.

If its a "small" opening you can fit an s-10 style unit.

If it's a "large" opening it's a suburban console someone added. You can install guages up there or something creative like move your HVAC or maybe a face unit from a detachable radio. Your imagination is the only limit for custom stuff.

Last edited:

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don"t know what you classify as a big opening. I know it is not a suburban size of o/h console so it is the smaller one . Do you know what models and years to look at for a temp/compass feature for my o/h console to fit !!!Thanks for all the info though !!