NV4500 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I replaced the slave cylinder on my tranny and bled the system. The clutch still isn't disengaging and after driving it for a while, its getting worse. Any ideas what's wrong?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Why did you replace it.. was it doing the same thing before?
Is the clutch pedal stiff?
Is the clutch pedal soft?

Need more information..

Did you swap from a 3500 to a 4500? I can't see a half ton RCSB coming stock with an NV4500.
Was 95 an internal slave or external slave?
What year NV4500 are you using?

:banghead:

Also, if you've been driving it and it's getting worse, probably not a good thing.

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was a custom ordered with a nv4500 and its an external slave cylinder. The clutch wasn't disengaging all the way and I was told that it was because the pressure plate wasn't relating all the way and that was caused by the slave cylinder. So I replaced the slave cylinder and it was the same for a little bit and then it started getting worse. The trucks parked now until I get it fixed. Also the clutch pedal is stiff. I'm new to dealing with transmissions so I'm trying to learn here.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Any squeal when you press/release the clutch pedal?
My buddys 4Runner pressure plate damn near grenaded, folded over the pressure plate tabs somehow. Stiff pedal, squealin like a pig, but you could still drive it

My guess is you'll be pulling that transmission out and doing a clutch job.
That's awesome that it was custom ordered with an NV4500.

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I ended up not having the pushrod lined up on the fork. I got that fixed and about a week and a half later I lost all pressure in my clutch. So I replaced the mc and bled the system and I still have no pressure. Any ideas what's up?