No Power and Battery is Good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrazyDave

Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to do the Alt to Positive without going through the entire wiring harness? I think I have 10 gauge factory wire which is freakin tiny!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to do the Alt to Positive without going through the entire wiring harness? I think I have 10 gauge factory wire which is freakin tiny!

What a lot of guys do and i believe Barons kit does this as well is goes straight from the Pos on the battery to the stud on the alt that the OE wire goes onto alongside the OE wire.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
ok, is there any harm in leaving the OE wire connected along with the aftermarket wire?

Nope...a lot of the guys who install the big three usually leave the OE wire in place...all the bigger wire does is give a straight shot of voltage to the battery. i believe the OE wire connects to other equipment in the truck

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Another thing to check, just to throw it in there even though you seem to have figured out your issue.. Your battery can show as a full charge, but if the load rating is inadequate, you won't have enough power to crank her over!
Worth a check regardless

Edit: except you had NO power, my bad, you'd have power in the cab etc if load rating was bad and charge was good. Ah well.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
One thing to check aswell, i had a problem like this as well. It was the grounding wire on the starter! the bolt was lose. EVerything showed perfect, baterie fully charged but the starter broke the circuit i guess. Just a heads up, worth the two seconds to look