No heat from heater.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kawana

Reaction score
Im not getting any heat coming out of my vents. The air flow seems ok, but its cold. I did a coolant flush and change to see if that helped, but no luck. What else could it be?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blend door motor could very well be stuck in the cool position. Never had to change one, so you'll have to wait for somebody else to chime in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kawana

Reaction score
Blend door motor could very well be stuck in the cool position. Never had to change one, so you'll have to wait for somebody else to chime in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Do you know where it is located? Couldn't hurt to check.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With engine warm feel and make sure both heater hoses are hot. Could be the heater core is plugged up unless you back flushed it. Take a hose and back flush it real well.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With engine warm feel and make sure both heater hoses are hot. Could be the heater core is plugged up unless you back flushed it. Take a hose and back flush it real well.

This, Diagnose before tearing apart. Is the temp gauge reading warm could just need a thermostat also.

Kawana

Reaction score

Alright Ill check that next. One thing I noticed when I was flushing the coolant was that when I pulled the drain plug, only half of the radiator drained. To drain the passenger side, I had to pull the lower rad hose. Is this normal, or does it sound like some kind of blockage? If so, if there any good way to flush it out, or should i just get a new radiator?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score

It's amazing the crap that can come out when this is done. It could very well just be clogged up. Flakes of rust from everywhere in the system get lodged in there.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One way to test for a clogged radiator is when the truck is up to temp shut off the engine and feel the radiator. If some areas are not as hot as others you could have a problem. Tough to do with all the coolers in front of the radiator these days and the big shroud on these trucks.