No fuel from injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys I was driving in Houston today when all of a sudden my truck shut off well I cruised into a parking lot and I removed my air cleaner to my 93 F/S GMC 5.7 engine and nothing was spraying from my injectors so I went to hitting the hell out of the bottom of fuel tank and I had the wife crack the engine and no start so I hit the bottom side of the tank again and again and still nothing so I said im screwed well I called my buddy to bring his wrecker so I could get my truck home.

I said let me try it one more time and it started right up so I cancelled the wrecker and I put $20.00 bucks of gas since I was below a 1/4 of a tank. So after that she ran fine so my question is do you guys think my fuel pump is shelling out? I replaced it with a Delphi in 2009. Give me some ideas before I go and buy another Delphi fuel pump and the reason im thinking my pump is going out is because it started up and I sure don't want to be the middle of nowhere and I break down.

I need to trust my truck since I travel to see my grandkids and dad which is a six hour trip.
Thanks! Roland :confused:
PS-I screwed up and I didn't check to see if I could hear my pump turn on since my hearing is bad I just took it no fuel pump isn't pumping. Should I replace anything else first meaning could a relay or something be going out?

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I just found this read last line I do let my gas tank run a lot of the times low since I just run around here or my hood which is outside of Houston. Driving my fuel gauge was reading above 1/4 of a tank but when I was stopped my needle was closer to the empty area.

FP51 CONNECTOR INCLUDED IN PACKAGE, STRAINER NOT INCLUDED
Fuel Pump Replacement Tips

When you replace a fuel pump, it’s important to determine what caused the previous fuel pump to fail. Not diagnosing the problem can lead to more of the same in the future.
You need to check for proper electrical connections, pressure, volume and current. The specs that don’t measure up require further investigation into the entire fuel system.
Always replace the strainer when servicing an electric fuel pump. Also, inspect the inline fuel filter for contamination, which could restrict proper fuel flow within the system.

Finally, maintaining proper fuel levels aids in cooling the pump, in turn adding to its longevity. It’s important to remember that constantly running on empty can cause a fuel pump to fail.

beast94

Reaction score
Ok, couple of things that will greatly help out... 1- A fuel pressure reading is necessary to determain if the pump is bad or not. A pressure below 9 psi means its bad. An ideal pressure is around 11-13 psi. 2- Pinch off your return line or block it. This will determain whether it is your regulator is bad. If the pressure builds to around 20psii then your regulator is bad, if the pressure does not change then you have a bad regulator. 3- Check your plug wires, cap and rotor for signs of arcing/ bare spots on your wires. 4- Ensure all your wires are securely attached to the connectors. 5- Check all of your electrical grounds. You have 2 on your intake manifold (one right next to the water neck and then one to the right of that on an intake manifold bolt). You will have a Body to Frame, Frame to Engine, Engine to Body (rear of the passenger cylinder head). Also check your ground wire going from your fuel pump to the frame. When you check your grounds they should be clean and free of any damage.

beast94

Reaction score
When you replace a fuel pump, it’s important to determine what caused the previous fuel pump to fail. Not diagnosing the problem can lead to more of the same in the future.
You need to check for proper electrical connections, pressure, volume and current. The specs that don’t measure up require further investigation into the entire fuel system.
Always replace the strainer when servicing an electric fuel pump. Also, inspect the inline fuel filter for contamination, which could restrict proper fuel flow within the system.

Finally, maintaining proper fuel levels aids in cooling the pump, in turn adding to its longevity. It’s important to remember that constantly running on empty can cause a fuel pump to fail.

Yes- These are very true statements. A better way to gage fuel level is to find out what your average MPG is, then multiply that by how many gallons your tank holds. This will give you the max miles you can drive before you run on empty.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
first thing after having very simialr problems, check for spark at the injectors, get a noid light or maybe stuf a test light in them and check. if you get spark or it lights the light then you may not have the same issues as me.

Mine was loose fuse or wire at the fuse box for the alt. causing the battry to get low and screwing everything up.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i had a fuel pump relay act that way... when it got hot...

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help if anything else bring them on. Im going to buy the fuel pump relay it's only $16.00 dollars plus mine is 19 years old I hope it's that oh the brand is Borg Wagner it's the same price as a Delco from Rock Auto. I wonder if it's as good I want nothing but the best for my baby I don't to up-set her? LOL
Roland

Last edited:

beast94

Reaction score
Using top quality products is the only way to go. I have used cheaper parts in the past and they seem to fail 10x quicker.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Using top quality products is the only way to go. I have used cheaper parts in the past and they seem to fail 10x quicker.

Yes I do just bought the Borg fuel pump relay and I already have the Delphi which is Delco some people don't believe that buying cheap parts can get you in the long run. Thanks for the info anyways I hope more members read this as well. I also picked up my high pressure power steering hose it has signs of that it's going to start to leak.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys what else is there to replace other than the relay meaning something that works together with fuel pump? I know the injectors but both of them weren't shooting out gas the other day could there be another relay or something I just don't want my baby to leave me in the middle of nowhere.

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhaDiU4J2dK8FTQS2r"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhaDiU4J2dK8FTQS2r" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>