New Transmission Sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get a basically new trans from monster for the 1500 mark and they are known for quality. I wouldn't pay a shop to rebuild my trans for 1200 when I cn get a basicay new trans for 1500 with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get a basically new trans from monster for the 1500 mark and they are known for quality. I wouldn't pay a shop to rebuild my trans for 1200 when I cn get a basicay new trans for 1500 with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty

I thought about that, I need mine rebuilt and the transmission shop here said $1,600 with a minor shift kit. I looked at Monster trans and it's $1,600 for the 4x4 HD (just the mild remain is only for 2wd) and that's without a TQ converter. Then a TQ converter is about $250 or more. It looks like you can only get the 3 year warranty if you get one of their TQ converters. So when it's all said and done it will be around $1,900 and that's before shipping cost. Oh and it's a $350 charge if you don't send them your as a core charge, It's only a $150 charge if you send them your old one. So over $2,000 with a TQ coverter. Another shop that I trust told me $2,000 for a full rebuilt transmission and that's with labor of switching them out. If I had the money for a Monster trans I would go that route because I've heard they're great, but I'll most likely be hard up for money when I get mine rebuilt so I'll have to go to one of the shops around here.

Last edited:

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was like $800 plus $400 to swap them out so about $1200. If I were to do it again I would just buy one of the monster transmissions and have it out in.

I've since traded the truck in though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk