New Transmission Sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to give them a call Monday morning and tell them how it's bs I had to wait a week extra because they shipped me the wrong transmission in the first place and made me pay for shipping.

Man the more you guys point this stuff out the more pissed I get lol. Ill just call them up Monday and threaten to turn them into the business bureau for a scam since I found their add on Craigslist anyway. Maybe pull the "my daddy's a lawyer" routine and tell them if I have to drive to Michigan from West Virginia not only am I gonna go buck wild but ima burn their shop to the damn ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would advise against being ugly just yet... A flare between shifts between 2nd and 3rd gear is pretty common after a rebuild, and can usually fixed pretty easy. Just be nice, tell then you put 500 miles on it and it's not rite. An honest shop will fix it for ya. But, go in there hotheaded, and you will piss them off. You do not want a pissed off dr working on you, nor a ****** off mechanic working on your car!

ksalling

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had three rebuilds installed in my truck... nothing but problems everytime. I swore that next time I deal with it I was going to pull it myself and install a "built" transmission from someone like monster transmission. I don't trust the tranny shops or the junk rebuilds they buy.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had to deal with a lot of online companies and their warranties. We did two jasper warranties this month. None of their warranties are worth the paper they are printed on. If they email you a, "it's not covered letter" well you have a lot of time and effort to try and recover your money. It's a lot of fine print such as tire size, aftermarket programmers that will void your warranty. My opinion is deal with a small local shop with a good reputation that's been there a while, a reman from the dealer, or do it yourself. I have an online store, and an eBay store, just because I believe the web is the future. But, myself I want to look the guy in the eye and shake his hand who works on my truck.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I tried to go the cheap route and I'm paying for it now. Should have just found a local shop to do it for me.. Oh well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Like rhino said dont call them all pissed off just cool calm and collected tell them you put 500 miles on it and there is a bit of a miss shift. If someone comes into my work raising hell I'm going to do only what I need too to shut them up. Now if someone comes in with an issue and says hey can you help? Im all hands on deck. the thing is if the shop you used has someone that knows trannys then they should be able to address it in house hopefully. Let us know how it goes.

Crewcab Steve.

ksalling

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had to deal with a lot of online companies and their warranties. We did two jasper warranties this month. None of their warranties are worth the paper they are printed on. If they email you a, "it's not covered letter" well you have a lot of time and effort to try and recover your money. It's a lot of fine print such as tire size, aftermarket programmers that will void your warranty. My opinion is deal with a small local shop with a good reputation that's been there a while, a reman from the dealer, or do it yourself. I have an online store, and an eBay store, just because I believe the web is the future. But, myself I want to look the guy in the eye and shake his hand who works on my truck.

I have had to deal with Jasper before too and yeah it was a hell of a fight. In the end I got my replacement engine but had to do the de-install, let them take then engine for testing, evaluate to let me know if it was something they would normally cover and then give me an engine back for me to install... it was hardly what I would consider a "good warranty" also when I was talking with the Jasper delivery guy he was chatting me up about how some of the cores he sees coming into that place were absolutely junk but they rebuilt them anyway. I guess it's cheaper to rebuild everything and deal with a failure/warranty issue when it arises. (maybe... mine was 2 days out of warranty when it failed then engine in reality was only as good as the warranty was long)

Dwayne

Reaction score
Been there and done that with rebuilds and many shops are out to make some money, you really have to research the shops you are dealing with these days, very sorry to hear what your going through, many racing performance shops that are in racing really specialize in good set ups for your truck if your serious and looking for durability, we all like to stomp it every once awhile to feel the power in our trucks.

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id be curious to see what the problem was with your tranny since my truck has been doing the same thing that you were describing ever since i bough it.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much did that transmission rebuild cost? I need to get the 4L60e in my 98 Silverado 4x4 rebuilt. One transmission shop is saying $1,600 for a full rebuild with a minor shift kit. Another shop that I use sometimes and trust said $2,000 for a "new" transmission that had been fully rebuilt. Basically like getting an alternator that was just rebuilt instead of getting a brand new one. That shop said it's only a 2 day turn around since all they do is take the old one out and put the "new" one back in.