New to me 99 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 1999 K1500 Suburban LT to compliment my 1998. It's all original down to the radio, but has new tranny and fuel tank as well as pump. Is going to need tires and a front seat bottom cover or two. These are getting harder and harder to find in really good shape. Will be holding on the this pair for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
    755.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    719.9 KB · Views: 15

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the white on died on me yesterday. It started normal, as I drove down our hill I noticed it start to miss. It stopped and was running fine for a half mile or so, then it started missing a little again. Finally it started missing and losing power. I was on a dirt road and it would not go up a hill, no power then died and I could not restart. I had to have it towed home. I changed the fuel filter, which was really bad, but still not start and no codes thrown! Any suggestions on what to check next? Fuel pump it new and so it the tank. I have not checked for spark yet, but wouldn't no spark throw a code?

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does have a K&N air filter. I know these can foul the air flow sensors, as they did in one of my old Mercedes W124's.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was running fine then the miss started, more pronounced in turns at first, then just started running like crap.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about an overall visual inspection checking for the obvious ie: unsuspecting hidden worn/cracked spark plug wires touching hot exhaust manifold, worn/crack distributor cap or rotor, worn/cracked spark plugs? Anything disconnected/misrouted such as vacuum lines, electrical wire connections etc..
lets us know what you find, and good luck!

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to check all the obvious in the am. Wires look new. Fuel pump is running, but have not checked the pressure yet. The filter was very dirty.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you happen to have access to checking for DTC trouble codes and their fuel trim history? Do you happen to know if and when the Fuel injectors CPI to MPFI where last changed by previous owner, one could be leaking or FPR? Keeps us posted!
And again good luck!