New Radio, how to wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had Chevy's forever, when I got the GMC I did discover they are a little fancier. Also there's a certain feeling of being more exclusive. Not really, just feels that way.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next problem (sort of wish I hadn't made the change to new radio). Took out the old radio and cassette components, got the dash adaptor, installed gauges in the hole and got a new JVC radio to put in the new adaptor. The darn thing is so complicated (at least for me) to set up I haven't been able to figure it out, frustrating. At an advanced age (75 1/2) these complicated computer driven accessories are beyond my understanding. The installation instructions don't even tell me what all the little buttons are for, no diagram. It does play a CD automatically when I put it in but doesn't sound too good cause I can't figure out how to set the 13 band EQ. I know what frequencies to use as I'm a musician and sound mixer, but can't find them on the radio. Since I got the radio (the very last one on their shelves) at Best Buy, may as well pay the Geek Squad to set it up for me. I have the same problems with my cell phone, hate it. Computer is as bad to use. Boy do I miss my rotary dial phone. Big problem with the cell phone is that the wife always knows where I am, can't disappear for half the day. Can't turn it off as its a business phone and I need to get those calls.