New Member Looking to Buy a C2500 454tbi 5 Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454C2500

Reaction score
Hello folks - I am looking at a nice 454 2wd 3/4 ton 5 speed! I've always had Mopars but something about a TBI 454 with a 5 speed makes me intrigued. Can anyone shed light into whether the transmission is an NV4500 and if the rear is a full float 14 bolt? I looked under and it was a 14b but i didn't pop off the hubcaps to check for shafts :(. To that end I didn't look at the transmission case either :(. Its a model year 91 and I can't imagine an NV3500 would handle that motor but I just don't know GM all that well. Plans are to keep it stock except some slightly taller tires like maybe some 235/85/16....would those rub?

454C2500

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the tip! I haven't bought it yet and I didn't get the VIN. As long as its still for sale this week I will buy it and can climb under it to see. Hoping its NV4500 and full float 14 bolt out back. Seems like it would be a nice truck to pull a trailer around town.

theunderlord

Reaction score

454C2500

Reaction score
Well it looks like I will be picking it up tomorrow. I haven't seen a truck from the 90s in cleaner condition...particularly in our area that gets salt on the roads just for fun (so it seems). I'll be sure to pull of a hub cap and check the transmission case and report back. Anything in particular to look for on the 454?

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it looks like I will be picking it up tomorrow. I haven't seen a truck from the 90s in cleaner condition...particularly in our area that gets salt on the roads just for fun (so it seems). I'll be sure to pull of a hub cap and check the transmission case and report back. Anything in particular to look for on the 454?
Hey, good luck Sounds like a nice truck. Be sure to post a few pictures