New Member, Joined Yesterday. Cedar Rapids IA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, this wiring manual is good for the GMC too right?

Sorry, I am not too familiar with service manuals, I am a computer guy... I did flightline avionics work on the F16 while I was in the USAF, so I can read schematics and shoot wires...

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum. That is one fine looking truck!

Given your background you'll probably run into @Road Trip and @Erik the Awful at some point. Then again, maybe you already have!

And yes, I believe that manual works for the GMC as well. However, you can find them here for free: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-98-service-manuals.43575/

Last edited:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I am not too familiar with service manuals, I am a computer guy... I did flightline avionics work on the F16 while I was in the USAF, so I can read schematics and shoot wires...

Thank you!

Greetings BlueManLou,

Welcome aboard! I think that you will like it in here. You will find super people from all
walks of life who share your appreciation for any and all things GMT400.

Speaking of which, those Factory Service Manuals are the gold standard, and they cover
all flavors of the GMT400 family, Trucks, Suburbans/SUVs, Caddys, GMCs, and even the Bow Tie stuff.

As @South VA alluded to, I share a similar background, got to do 20+ years in Flightline Avionics,
C-130 & F-106, big break of service, and then most of my time on F-16s like these: Green Mountain Boys

If you were comfortable with the Wiring Diagrams in the T.O. Library, in no time you'll be able to
find the answers you're looking for in the General's manuals. I have no doubt that you will be able to turn
back the hands of time on your truck, and fix those electrical issues for a lot less coin than trading
it in on a new truck. Your boss will be astounded. :0)

BTW, nice truck! 8-luggers have a bit of a cult following in here.

Glad to cross paths with you.

Cheers --

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I did flightline avionics work on the F16 while I was in the USAF, so I can read schematics and shoot wires...
Welcome from the the great white north.

I worked on Corporate aircraft for more than a few years.
A.M.E. under F.A.R. 27.853. (Interiors)
A refurb center. 85 employees.
We did new everything. Paint, hydraulics, avionics, entertainment systems, complete interiors.
I've watched an avionics guy sit on a 8" high plastic stool in front of a fuse panel for a week, 8 hours a day. Messing with a 4" bundle of wires of about .032 in size. All white. Individually fused. I.D.'d by the black multi number/letter code printed on the wire.
No color coding.
Cycling through however many times the regs dictated at the completion of each section. If that's say, 25x, and something's not quite right on the 24th cycle, they're starting over.

Big props to you avionics guys.
People say I have patience to do what I do, but that would have me blind, crippled & 3/4's off m'rocker nutso, mentally worn-out, by the time the aircraft left the hangar.
I couldn't do it.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thank you!

BlueManLou,

I just looked through a few different manuals spanning the years, and I can understand
your confusion. Some said "Chevy Trucks", which might imply Chevy only?
And then for a different year, the cover would only show 'GMC'?

In addition to the .pdf versions I use on my laptop, I bought myself the
paper 4-volume set. Here's a recent photo with all 3 logos on the front cover.

FWIW --

Attachments

• Failed ECT sensor from TX (opt).jpg
    Failed ECT sensor from TX (opt).jpg
    554 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

BlueManLou

Reaction score