NEW LOOK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow that doesn't look too gritty at all! How much did you have to prep for this? When I pull the Plasti dip off my rockers I wanna be able to just wash, and sand them real quick and shoot. I want somethin that dont require a ton of prep work. That looks like it may be what I need!

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On good paint all you need is quick scuff with a scotch-brite pad. I sanded and etch-primed the frame because they said it doesn't stick well to bare metal, but it's made to go over paint.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I love black trucks. Looks good but IDK about the vols ****, if you want I will buy you this license plate :deal:

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HA HA dirty...no comment. GO VOLS.

Woody does the stuff come in a spray paint can or wut? I'm thinking I want that stuff just need some better close up pics with the right lighting to make sure the texture is okay.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll get you some texture pics.

It comes in 1qt bottles that are 3/4 full. You fill them with the activator, shake & spray. The kit comes with the high pressure gun that screws right on to the top of the bottle. I sprayed mine at 70psi and it was cake. You just need to put a quick connect on the gun to hook it up to your air line.

You must be registered for see images

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah bud if you can get me a up close textured pic that would be badass. I have a really small baby compressor will that work as my air line??

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should work. You might have to wait for it to catch up now & then if it won't maintain pressure though.

Here's a shot of the engine and wheel well sides of the inner fenders I sprayed while the engine was out:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweeet that looks great. Not TOO much texture. I hate the bedliner stuff that literally has chunks in it, which that's fine for the bed but not on my rocker panels. I'm happy with the Plasti Dip actually so there's no rush but I will be continuing to look for products that are smooth textured and jet black. Flat black is what I'm going for but I want it BLACK and not grey in the light like they are now. I may end up just getting my paint code matched paint @ Napa again and doing it.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
well remember when i did my bumpers with the spray on dupli color? it came out like a greyish black so after it dried i hit it with this vht roll bar paint i found at auto zone and it knocked the texture down a bit and made it satin black. have you thought about that at all?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I didn't thinkl about it because I had no idea you did that! I thought you jus sprayed them like I did!! Get me a pic bro! That's awesome.