New here, c1500 Burban, daily/project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ross_Freier

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new user not quite new to the sight, i've been using it for some info on my truck so far, To start I bought this Burban for 1200 bucks, next to no rust, afew small problems nothing major. tbi 350 under the hood with 160km on it and the truck has 442000 kms so far. interior was damn near mint, everything works, only major problem i have is the speedo has a mind of its own, if i dont have the stereo turned up or the hvac fan running on medium the speedo will jump up to a higher speed then i am going, but when the fan or radio are on it reads fine. and the gas gauge is pinned at full, so i think the sending unit is toast but i can work around that for now.

I've already started doin some work on the truck, removed the badging, roofrack, rear wiper, 3rd row seat, vent visors, and spare tire, swapped out to the newer chevy grill, newer mirrors(in much better shape) tossed on a different front bumper without the horns and valance. Welded up the holes in the doors from the towing mirrors it had at one point, welded the holes in the roof from the roof rack and did the tailgate from the badging. made some steel plugs for the holes in the rear glass from the wiper. Then i blacked out the tail lights and marker lights and put a light tint on the head lights, and finaly repainted the whole truck, the paint job is just temp till the weather gets nicer and i can do a real paint job. now some pics

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

Ross_Freier

Reaction score
trying to get my boss on here too, hes got 1 88 scsb with a built up 305 5 speed, getting dropped, and an 89 scsb 350 5 speed for the new daily... with a 454 to be built up soon. Me and him are grabbing up all the gmt400s we can find in our area before they hit the wreckers

Ross_Freier

Reaction score
haha ya, well there are tons near me and they sell for 500 bucks most of the time, we grab what we can, scrap the garbage parts, sell what we dont want or need, it works pretty good, but were gonna have to start selling the engines and tranny soon, lol there starting to pile up.

Ross_Freier

Reaction score
well small update on my beast, I've been doin some random work on it here and there to make sure its gonna run its best and i'm slowly finding more and more things that i need to fix. well i'll grabbed up a new air filter, eliminated the pre heater, oil changed, changed rear dif fluid, when i did that i snapped a brake line so the rear axle brake lines are changed now, i swapped in an e fan, made some aluminum idle/tensioner pulleys, now running dual alternators 1 250a and 1 160a, last nite i went and changed the balljoints and discovered my pitman arm is completely nuked, so thats on the list for today aswell as the sway bar bushings.

Ross_Freier

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in quite awhile so I think its about time I give you guys some updates of this thing, It now has a 6/6 drop, rollpan, 9 g31 batteries, 12 12" subs, 20% tinted windshield, 5% tinted around and some little accents in the quarter windows.