New heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rojo

Reaction score
I got a set of new heads for my truck from allied motor parts and they have xx one end of them how do I tell if they are square I put a framing square where the xx is and the end of the square was about an 1/16 off on the intake side is that bad

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the future, a wide angle shot showing your measurement setup and a close-in shot showing the measurement you are trying to photograph is best for this kind of thing. I have no frame of reference with those pictures.

SBC heads, measured from the cylinder head deck surface to the intake manifold mounting surface, should be an 80 degree angle, not 90 degrees. If you don't trust the machining on the heads, have a machine shop check them out.

Rojo

Reaction score
I noticed that as I was tinkering around I was not going with the angle of the head where the intake mounts I think I was overly concerned and obsessed I went with the angle and the gap closed up to almost nothing

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that as I was tinkering around I was not going with the angle of the head where the intake mounts I think I was overly concerned and obsessed I went with the angle and the gap closed up to almost nothing

I'm glad that you answered your own question. In the future, help us help you:

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure.no. pro,,,,blem y'al,l will never ha.ve to h,elp again a.,nd piss off with ,.your punctua,.tion bull ****
Calm down bruh, it ain't personal.
Anyone who comes looking for help needs to make it easier for others to help them. If it's hard to read what you are asking, you will get less help.

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Allied Motor Parts? Anything like Acme with Wile E. Coyote?