New headliner and door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great, howd you do the headliner? Did you strip the old fabric off or just go right over it?

slate

Reaction score
I am a new member so please dont get mad if this isnt a good place to ask a question. I have a 1990 Chevy 4x4 stepside and I want to try and put door panels from 96 and up truck in place of my stock ones. Has anyone tried this or know if it will work?

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Updated added pics and started the console

I am a new member so please dont get mad if this isnt a good place to ask a question. I have a 1990 Chevy 4x4 stepside and I want to try and put door panels from 96 and up truck in place of my stock ones. Has anyone tried this or know if it will work?

I'm not sure on the door panels I remember reading its not a direct swap but I'm not sure what all is involved. Someone here will probably be more help. Heres the thread http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?4637-door-panel-swap&highlight=95++door+panels

On to the Updates though I got it all put back in the truck I haven't done the bottom of the doors yet. We got hold of a pair of carpet shears and shaved off the old carpet today. Still trying to decide the best plan of attack.

Here are some pics after the overhead console was covered you can see some small folds in the fabric and how we cut and tucked it underneath so the face would hold it in. Also the seam we put in the front by the rear view mirror to help the fabric lay flatter.
You must be registered for see images attach

Some pics of the top of the headliner.

All installed haven't installed the new dome light I want to change the wiring on it and the overhead console to come on with the dome light. Just been to busy lately.

I also started on the console I am getting close to what I want. I am very happy with it so far. It still needs trimmed down more to sit flush and taperd a little more to tie into the factory console better. I still want to add a pocket before the cb and run the wiring down for my aux cord and ipod cord. But I am a little torn to drill a hole and place them in the old cd player pocket and just have a cubby hole before the cb. I have to get the second cupholder. Just ain't been back to the store lately and I think I am going to cover the sides and smooth the top then cover it in a piece of plexiglass and fit up to the sides of the cb. The buck mark is back lit in green leds to match the radio and cb, I do need to get the rest of the lighting swapped.

Almost forgot the door panel.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's looking great man, and remember since you hooked me up with that set of cab light bases that if you need any part's to let me know!

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's looking great man, and remember since you hooked me up with that set of cab light bases that if you need any part's to let me know!

I will I saved your number hopefully you saved mine if not let me know. If you need a spare set of hands to help out with anything or just a guy to drink beer and watch I'm in lol. Thanks radical it's at the top of the list for my favorite things done. I am going to get more photos and pictures to help when I do the drivers side, and the bottoms of the doors.