New headliner and door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys we recovered my headliner and top part of the door panel yesterday. The weathers to crappy today do put it in. I want to do the bottom of the door panel now. Here are the teaser pics. I will post some more when its all done.

You must be registered for see images attach

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have pics on how you did the panels on the doors and your OHC?

No I don't but I still have to do the drivers side so I can get some for you. The overhead console wasn't to bad but it was a pain getting the old glue and foam off we used an eraser wheel. Then cleaned it with soapy water and sprayed it with the adhesive and fold it around the edges. It has some small wrinkles on one edge but its hard to notice and a seam in the front we couldn't avoid. I'll get some pics shortly for you my cameras charging now. Thanks everyone.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm normally not a big fan of camo but that looks great with the tan. You guys did a good job on the install. Bet its gonna look great in the truck too...

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Did you just put the camo over the fabric of the door panel inserts, or did you pull the fabric off and re-cover it? I've been trying to find fabric that would match my paint to put on those inserts.

Looks great. Well done. Going to leave the carpet type fabric on the bottom of the doors, or are you going to cover those too?

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you just put the camo over the fabric of the door panel inserts, or did you pull the fabric off and re-cover it? I've been trying to find fabric that would match my paint to put on those inserts.

Looks great. Well done. Going to leave the carpet type fabric on the bottom of the doors, or are you going to cover those too?

I am going to recover that as well just trying to decide the best method. I think I am going to trim the carpet as short as I can and spray adhesive it wrapping the front and bottom around the door panel to the back, and glueing it similar to the headliner. Then push the fabric into the edges along the top and rear and the speaker grill. As far as the top I left the fabric then covered it in the spray adhesive and wrapped it around the back and glued it as well. Its wet and raining here today and I am afraid the cool weather and humidity would cause the adhesive to not work as well. Or I would doing the bottom and other door now. But when I do the bottom and drivers side I'll get more pics.