New guy in Nova Scotia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slovcan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Well, as said, I'm a new guy here. I have been and am a member on a few other sites related to my truck, too, but I don't really seem to fit most. I'm don't really fit into the onroad/offroad/lifted/power mods/etc categories. Don't get me wrong, I AM a big fan of power, speed and challenges in general. It's just that I have and have had other "tools" for some of that stuff. No, I like my truck as is and want to return it to and keep it in stock as close to new condition and performance as possible. At the moment it is my daily driver after getting creamed on my motorcycle back in July - can't use my clutch leg yet.

So, I do love my truck. I'm the second owner and been such since 2009. It is a 1997 Silverado K2500 extended cab long box with a 454, 4L80E, tow package 8600 GVW 8-lug with 278,000 kms (173,000 miles). Two years ago I put a new right lower ball joint and steering box in her. A bit later she got a new 140 amp alternator and battery. This year (in the past couple of months) she got new tires (up one size to 265/75x16) and shocks (Gabriel) all around and a pitman arm. Everything getting replaced has been original except the battery. She even has the original exhaust and muffler.

Yup, she's a keeper.

Cheers,
Glenn

You must be registered for see images

Edit: I always have trouble figuring out the picture process on forums, so I put in a link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z7uc6pC8WcZGjVd2A

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
:) Yeah, my other car (usual daily driver) is a 2003 Maxima SE 6-speed manual.

We actually lived in Abby for 10 years before moving east in 2016. Both the car and truck are from the Lower Mainland.

Cheers,
Glenn

Ahhh...vehicle clutch leg!
I read 'motorbike' & 'clutch leg', put the two together & pictured a foot clutch/jockey shift 45" Hawg! Doh!
Abby's not what it was 20-30 years ago. Used to be a sleepy little community of farms & churches.
Now it's gangsta city. Bunch of little trust fund twerps packin' heat, shooting at each other from moving vehicles in the middle of the day on South Fraser Way, with no regard for the innocents.
I spent 20 years in the Okanagan. If it wasn't for the need to be close to my elderly parents, I'd be outa here too. Be back in Summerland at the drop of a hat!

slovcan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh...vehicle clutch leg!
I read 'motorbike' & 'clutch leg', put the two together & pictured a foot clutch/jockey shift 45" Hawg! Doh!
Abby's not what it was 20-30 years ago. Used to be a sleepy little community of farms & churches.
Now it's gangsta city. Bunch of little trust fund twerps packin' heat, shooting at each other from moving vehicles in the middle of the day on South Fraser Way, with no regard for the innocents.
I spent 20 years in the Okanagan. If it wasn't for the need to be close to my elderly parents, I'd be outa here too. Be back in Summerland at the drop of a hat!

Yeah, that gangbanger thing has been going on there for many years. Them and the APD are in each others pockets. All that said, we had some AWESOME friends there and still keep in touch. We looked at retiring in the interior and even Powell River, but it just isn't comfortably affordable on pensions. We loved BC.