New guy here, veteran GMT400 owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Pittsburgh area. I was in Columbus area last week for the Mopar Nats. Mmmmm Thurman's Cafe - finally had the chance to try it. Been there several times, but always a long wait. This time we parked in front of the place and sat right down inside. I was commenting on how the place may have been sold or something :hmm:

When the last time I was there they had a 3 hour wait to now sitting immediately - something must have changed.

Red376

Reaction score
Welcome from Pittsburgh area. I was in Columbus area last week for the Mopar Nats. Mmmmm Thurman's Cafe - finally had the chance to try it. Been there several times, but always a long wait. This time we parked in front of the place and sat right down inside. I was commenting on how the place may have been sold or something :hmm:

When the last time I was there they had a 3 hour wait to now sitting immediately - something must have changed.

The last time I was at Thurman's, it wasn't near as good as the times before. I've heard other people say similar things, darn shame... Next time you're in Cbus and want a great burger try Matt the Millers, there are two, one in Grandview and the other in Dublin. Huge beer selection too!

Red376

Reaction score
Ok guys, I've got almost all my pieces and parts gathered. I'm hoping to get the trans swapped and the posi in next weekend. The only question I have is whether the driveshaft I scored (from a rclb c1500 & 4L60) for almost nothing, will fit with conversion U joints. Also I may have to redneck engineer a shifter, honestly I'm thinking about buying a used .410 cheapo shotgun and sticking it on the shifter stub? We'll see, just a thought.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Pardon the mess!

Last edited:

Red376

Reaction score
I just took a rough measurement of the nv3500, it's 27 and a 1/4ish" inches, vs the 4L60 which is 30 1/4", so the drive shaft I scored isn't going to work. Oh well, looks like I'll have to get the front shaft (2 piece DS) that's currently in the truck shortened.

I may need to start a thread in the transmission area.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I suggest a build thread in the member trucks section. Easier to keep track. And if you want one for just your own reference the Offroad build threads section is a great place to copy and paste your posts and the ones from other members that you want to keep handy.

Tyler/T-Unit