New from Minnesota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrumRoll

Reaction score
Just joined from Minnesota, excited to find what seems like an active board for the OBS trucks. I've got myself an '89 GMC 1500 RCSB W/T. I've had it for 7 or 8 years, was mostly built when I bought it. Had already had the motor pulled replaced with a 355 and carb'ed, the usual heads\cam\intake. It runs pretty strong I've just tried to make it my own from there, replaced the rear axle with a 454SS unit including a Detroit Locker and 4.56's. New wheels, in the process of replacing the cooling system and rear suspension is also on the to do list(wheel hop is terrible) plus the 325's hit the leaf springs. Here's some pictures from when I bought it.
You must be registered for see images attach

And now:

And the bad: (Girlfriend hit the truck while it was parked in the driveway the first time I didn't park it in the garage since I've owned it)
You must be registered for see images

And my immediate project: Would appreciate any help!

And my future projects:

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
welcome!! fine looking truck you've got there!

sent from the eskanalierra lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Welcome! 98chevyz71 is from Minnesota!

FrumRoll

Reaction score
Welcome! That's a nice truck, love the engine bay :)

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it. Still need to finish my wiring project, install the electric water pump and route the spark plug wires properly. I'd also like to get a serpentine belt at some point.

FrumRoll

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck!
Wow! 4.56's. That's a steep gear! Some Cal-tracs will smarten up that wheel hop!
Yeah, the gears don't last real long but I do run it up to 7k so that helps some. Also don't put a lot of miles on it so that helps as well just have to cruise under the speed limit when on the freeway.

I've got a KP 4-Link setup that should solve it as well, I just haven't been able to get a hold of Chassisworks lately. I need to get the axle brackets remade for the larger O.D. 14-Bolt.