Greetings From Minnesota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've used this forum a lot in the past and finally decided to join. I remember seeing these trucks a lot as a kid and admiring them from afar. My friend got a 98 ECSB K1500 as his first car from his family and I fell in love with it back then and wanted one of my own. We've fallen out as friends (which is my fault) and I'm on a quest to improve myself as a person and maybe make a few friends online. In July last year, I bought a 97 K1500 ECSB off IAA that spent most of its life in MO. Had 233K miles on it (Now 238K Miles). The body isn't great, but it's a lot less rusty than a MN truck is. I love it and I love how it rides and how spacious it is to hold my stuff. It's had a new rear end, transmission, trans collar, radiator and exhaust installed at a shop and I've done some maintenance here and there by myself. Y'all have been great and I hope this forum continues to help me out.

Attachments

• IMG_3734.jpeg
    IMG_3734.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3733.jpeg
    IMG_3733.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4331.jpeg
    IMG_4331.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 15

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas! I have many friends on here, and I've gotten to meet face to face with 3 of the other H Town area members. There are a lot of these trucks left in Texas, still getting used for work and play.
Thank You! I really appreciate it. Maybe we'll meet someday. Lots of trucks in Texas and glad to know they're still a lot down there. You still see these trucks quite a bit up here despite the salt rust. Suburbans and Tahoes generally seem in better shape than the pickups in my experience around where I live.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, keep us updated with what ever you do to it, there are plenty here to help with advice when you need it.
Thank You! I really appreciate people like you. This forum has been super helpful before and I figured its about time to join it. I didn't know these trucks were driven in NZ (other than ambulances). Did you buy it in NZ or did you have it imported from the US or Canada? Mine Was built in Oshawa, ON but was built for the US market since its only been owned in the US and has a MPH speedometer instead of a KPH speedometer.

Last edited:

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was born and raised in MO (and I'm still here), I might have seen your truck on the road somewhere before you bought it. :lol: It looks great!

Welcome!
Nothing wrong with living in MO. I'd like to move to the KC area someday. Your weather is much more tolerable than here in MN (I live in southeastern MN) and we can get down to -30 temps in the winter with windchills as low as -60. The cost of living is also lower which I like as well. What part of MO did/do you live in? My truck spent most of its life in Linn, MO and was repoed from the last owner in Saint Ann MO before I bought it.