Greetings from California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Sunny (I mean cloudy) Southern California,

How about some more pic's and spec's of your ride and that one in the background parked on the street if it belongs to you and you don't mine, because you sure are going to be busy restoring that gem. I enjoy my White 2dr standard cab 1996 C2500 5.7L 4L80E that I wish was 4x4 like yours, oh well beggars can't be choosey, enjoy your ride and all the time fixing her up!

Ranchtruck805

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal! Trucks are expensive these days, sounds like you are putting in the work and will come out ahead in the end.

I'm from California too, I'm originally from the central valley but spent that last 15ish years in Santa Cruz and the Monterey/Salinas area before jumping ship and moving to eastern WA.
Yeah man these trucks are en't going to the scrap yard fast. Good thing is I know a thing or two about mechanics and diagnosing work. I always had a mid-size Toyota pickup truck but always wanted a square body k series truck especially for hauling around other projects I'm picking up. Nice to meet you man

Ranchtruck805

Reaction score
Welcome from Sunny (I mean cloudy) Southern California,

How about some more pic's and spec's of your ride and that one in the background parked on the street if it belongs to you and you don't mine, because you sure are going to be busy restoring that gem. I enjoy my White 2dr standard cab 1996 C2500 5.7L 4L80E that I wish was 4x4 like yours, oh well beggars can't be choosey, enjoy your ride and all the time fixing her up!
Yeah I saw it on craigslist and I always wanted an eight lugger and now I have the chance. Unfortunately for me I'm always limited on time but when I have time to work on my truck you best believe making it better than it was before

Ranchtruck805

Reaction score
So somewhere around Morro Bay? Just a guess.
It's actually in the Santa Maria valley. I picked the truck up from a guy on craigslist. He was trying to part it out but I asked him how much was it for the truck and he wasn't trying to sell the whole truck. Finally, I got to sell it to me completely. He sold it for 800 bucks but he told me that I needed a transmission. I had a guy locally rebuilt transmissions. He was able rebuild the 4L80E with the trans go kit. I told them to put a low stall torque converter hauling. I also upgraded the transmission oil cooler to keep those temperatures down