New brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I replaced my front brake pads and rotors last fall. This issue had been occurring since then and I honestly just haven't dealt with it. After driving for a while and they get hot, they squeal- both sides and it's very noticeable. If I let up on the brake pressure it goes away and if I give a lot of pressure it goes away. The brakes never fade or anything, they work fine. I did buy the economy brake pads, and that's the only thing I can figure is the issue, just cheap brakes.

Anyone ever have this same issue?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you answered your own question
X2... one thing to never skimp out on is your brakes.... always, always get good quality pads and rotors.. think of it this way.... spend the little extra now or ALOT more later when the cheap brakes fail and you hurt the truck or someone else's property or worse someone else... just my opinion on brakes anyways. To each thier own....

sent from what use to be a great country...

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely agree with the thoughts that we should not cheap out on brakes. I wonder, though, if that's what's causing the problem for the OP. Usually hot brakes are the result of either heavy use, or being stuck on. The handbrake (stuck or rusted, or badly adjusted cable) or a blocked flex line could cause the sticking. Worth checking out for sure.