Never been on a fourm before

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stompah

Reaction score
I have a 1991 Caprice with similar belt system. I have beat that engine too. Never had a belt come off.

Looking from the side are all of your pulleys lined up? Throwing a washer as a shim here or there will be easier than sourcing a whole new setup.

I am willing to bet being pre-Vortec there will be at least one hiccup in a swap.

Tealsie

Reaction score
Yeah I've looked at all of that. I already have the setup and have prob had 100 of these apart (worked at a Chevy dealer for 10 years)it should be 123. My truck redlines at 45k or lower I think. It don't like r's but when it does get up there ( need tires, heavy foot , loud ass truck) when the tires break loose I has thrown it twice. I'm driving calm till I do the intake gaskets Tbi rebuild etc. in a few weeks. But will prob do the swap then anyway so as a plus I'll be able to clean up and paint it all before install