needle help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MR. WHEELS

Reaction score
Ok, I took a picture of then needles' positions before I took them off but when I put them on in the same position & turned the key on, they're way off. How do I get them back to the proper place???

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
if not theyres some guys on here with 20,000 posts someone will know a way :handshake:

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I cant fall asleep for anything but they will see your thread and start posting away lol

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The 2008 or the 89?

The 2008 is easy: hook up a scanner and look at the data stream the PCM sees and rejig your needles

89 is a bit harder. There are scanners out there that will read the obdi data, but the inputs are limited. You can read speed, rpm, engine coolant, volts, etc.

Fuel level is a biotch since the ecm has no input for fuel level on an 89. If it's not right, its best guess time and hope for the best.

If youre worried about speedo and tickets before you get it fixed then just slap a gps of some sort on your dash or windshield until you get it sorted.

Some use the gps to set the speedo needle, but i fine its too slow to respond to road speed changes ro be accurate. I have used it to verify my highway speed is accurate though...