need to lower rear a little.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you pull the center leaf it'll drop the back 2". I wouldn't remove the overload, just in case you want to haul anything.

Respectfully, that's contradictory thinking. If you're going to haul anything, don't remove any leafs from the pack except MAYBE the overload, which is meant only for heavy loads. Removing other leafs from the pack is not only going to make it ride like crap full time, but also seriously compromise load handling capability.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So removing the overload doesnt affect the ride correct?

I didn't like it.
But what I do with the truck, the way I drive it, & what I built it for (Well, still building! It's ongoing. Never ending!) is probably not like how very many others drive or use theirs! How are you supposed to know where the limits is, if you don't go out and find it? Lol!
I like the twisties! There are a few favourite backwoods/country/mountain roads around here that don't have much, if any, traffic that I've been driving since I first got my license. I could drive them blindfolded. But not at speed! Hehe! Great knowledge when doing mods.
I've re-done the rear suspension 3X now, & it needs to be taken apart & tweeked some more. First thing that's getting done is replacement of the overloads. I removed them to get a 7" drop. Gonna install some 1" drop shackles to get back down to 7".
But I'm also replacing the overloads because when my truck starts to do a side to side bounce, (figured I was hitting 60mph+) wanting to swap ends where it never did before in the same section of road, at the same speed, & the only dif. is the change in the rear springs, then they're going back in! That was a bit too freaky! A definite 'Depends' moment!
At the least I found the limit of that set-up! And didn't break anything. Including me!

Reaction score
I didn't like it.
But what I do with the truck, the way I drive it, & what I built it for (Well, still building! It's ongoing. Never ending!) is probably not like how very many others drive or use theirs! How are you supposed to know where the limits is, if you don't go out and find it? Lol!
I like the twisties! There are a few favourite backwoods/country/mountain roads around here that don't have much, if any, traffic that I've been driving since I first got my license. I could drive them blindfolded. But not at speed! Hehe! Great knowledge when doing mods.
I've re-done the rear suspension 3X now, & it needs to be taken apart & tweeked some more. First thing that's getting done is replacement of the overloads. I removed them to get a 7" drop. Gonna install some 1" drop shackles to get back down to 7".
But I'm also replacing the overloads because when my truck starts to do a side to side bounce, (figured I was hitting 60mph+) wanting to swap ends where it never did before in the same section of road, at the same speed, & the only dif. is the change in the rear springs, then they're going back in! That was a bit too freaky! A definite 'Depends' moment!
At the least I found the limit of that set-up! And didn't break anything. Including me!

Amen to that! i dont think building ever stops haha!
I love driving my truck fast too lol. but i think the most ive ever hauled is my bobbers so nothing too heavy. all-in-all im adding assist bags in the back later down the road. Soon as my money tree matures.

Does anyone know if these wheels will tuck? Front- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-12-570604/overview/
Rear- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-12-570604/overview/

93Ghostgmc

Reaction score
I pulled the overloads on my truck, (the black '98) & had a spring made the same shape as the others, the same length of the overload. Hated the ride.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've had others tell me that pulling the leaf above the overload will get an inch or so of more drop. Don't know about that. But I sure didn't like the ride after the above mod.
How did you keep the pinion angle right after the flipkit and c notch and removing the overload spring? Mine is terrible!!!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
How did you keep the pinion angle right after the flipkit and c notch and removing the overload spring? Mine is terrible!!!!

This for me?
I ditched the kit and fabricated a totally different flip with new perches welded to the diff & the angles properly dialed in.

You must be registered for see images attach