need some year related info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you are right about everything you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I think you are right about everything you said.

I would really like to see a conversion list put together tho. I know most rebuild kits for a 700r4/4l60 fit from 82-09, so the transmissions can't be much different. Some state a specific range of years, but i have never found a difference in the kits that fit different year models. All of them come with the exact same parts.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think the trans missions are really different. I think it's mostly the harness inside the 4l60es that are different making the connector on the outside different. As well as what was posted earlier. Maybe sometime everyone with a certain year can post everything about their trans and we can compare

woody44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good discussion. I've wondered about this a lot. I hope someone chimes in with info on converting them to be interchangeable.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
id just like to find something to build so i have one ready just not sure what im looking for all ive seen is s10 ones and such around here for my priuce range since ill be doing a full upgrade and rebuild. i also havent come across much supporting evidence. all ive seen is 93-94 are different than 95+ but for why

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The housing did change in 95, it got the addition of the bolt holes to hold the neutral safety switch on the side of the trans.