Need opinion on sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the past 4 months a lot has happened to the flatbed's stereo system. In that time, I blew one of the cheap speakers that was in it, had a new system put in it (head unit, all door speakers and a single 10 shallow memphis all powered with a kenwood amp) Well long story short, here we sit 4 months later, the system has now blown 2 of the 10" shallow subs... The guy that runs the shop is suggesting running 2 subs, but I don't think I want to spend that much money. So I am asking you guys what are you all running? and suggestions on what to run? At this point I am up for almost anything... I just need it to last for more then a few months, it will see all types of conditions, really cold morning to really hot summer days. It will see everything from rap songs that are straight bass, to country songs with virtually no bass. Any help is appreciated.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Specs on the amp? You have to match the sub and amp combo

:word:

I'm running an 8" Pioneer shallow mount in my truck. They have a 10" that looks good (They have 2 10" shallow-mounts, actually. But one is better). I've also heard good things about the Kicker shallow subs.

Here's my question, you had a shop install the system, right? This is the same shop you took it back to after the subs blew, right? IMO, if a shop paired a sub and amp, and they blew that quickly, you're either driving your system WAY too hard, or the shop is incompetent.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I'm running a Sundown Audio 12" shallow in my ext with a 300rms Memphis and its is plenty loud for me... I keep it turned down really low usually since I listen to nothing but classic rock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2