Need motor and chassis ground locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's 2 ground wires coming off the battery (at least on mine) the big one goes to the block and the small one goes to the fender just behind the battery. Then one goes from the block to the frame.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
There's 2 ground wires coming off the battery (at least on mine) the big one goes to the block and the small one goes to the fender just behind the battery. Then one goes from the block to the frame.

Pete, your truck should have a ground wire from the firewall on the passenger side to the back of the Passenger side cylinder head. It is usually one of those small braided copper straps and they are known to corrode and fall off.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pete, your truck should have a ground wire from the firewall on the passenger side to the back of the Passenger side cylinder head.
Yeah, it does, I forgot about that one. It's still in good shape, or was when I put on the aluminum heads a couple years ago.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Yeah, it does, I forgot about that one. It's still in good shape, or was when I put on the aluminum heads a couple years ago.

You should be good for quite a while being in the desert. Up here in the salty north those straps only last a few years before they start to corrode.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part of Pennsylvania you from? I used to work for a company who's headquarters was in Greenville. When there we used to go to Sharon for some hot wings and bike night at the Quaker Steak & Lube.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
What part of Pennsylvania you from? I used to work for a company who's headquarters was in Greenville. When there we used to go to Sharon for some hot wings and bike night at the Quaker Steak & Lube.

I am in Erie about 3 blocks from the airport and about 2 miles from Presque Isle State park. I can walk due north and fall in the lake in about 10 minutes.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful country - too cold, no thanks, LOL. Ever been to the "Lube"? I tried the Atomic Wings once, I couldn't stop crying for 20 minutes!

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Beautiful country - too cold, no thanks, LOL. Ever been to the "Lube"? I tried the Atomic Wings once, I couldn't stop crying for 20 minutes!

We went once or twice, I am not a fan of eating out with a bunch of strangers, they tend to rub me the wrong way.:biggun: