Need motor and chassis ground locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkcustoms881

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the motor and chassis ground locations? Thank you.

mkcustoms881

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I’m asking is I put a charger on my truck this morning and smoke was coming from the terminals instantly and there was like a surge sound coming from the motor not running

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Are you 100% positive that the charger cables were attached correctly?, the charger voltage was set correctly? The charger is operating correctly and you have verified the output of the charger?

mkcustoms881

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes when I hooked up the positive it arc small black marks on the post , truck has been sitting few months

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery is toast. Get a new one. There's several grounds on the engine to cab and engine to chassis.
1. Battery - to the block
2. Block - to the cab firewall (flat wire rope looking ground wire)
Mainly for radio noise reduction.
3. The pos+ cable goes to the starter there should be a couple other power wires that go to the fuse box

Blue Mule

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP I'm curious as if you might have connected the charger backwards. Its possible...

Blue Mule

Rick Reid

Reaction score
no pix but I've got 3 grounds, battery to frame, then one from that frame connection to the engine then one from the bed to the frame