Location of ground 119

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmule

Reaction score
wiring diagrams are a crucial tool to diagnose these issues. By using this wiring diagram I was able to rule out areas that were not effected. I knew I had ground circuit fault on both banks but I didn’t know where.
By using this diagram and my volt meter I was able to rule out segments of the ground circuit. Because all of circuits before splice 162 tested good at 0.3 ohms of resistance and the ground circuit on the RH sensor was testing at 1k ohms and the ground at the LH sensor was also 1k ohms.
But when I tested the ground wire between both sensors through splice 149 tested at 0.3 ohms I knew problem had to be at splice 162 or between splices 162 and 149. Once I had that location narrowed down I inspected that part of the harness and found my fault.
Hopefully sharing this process will help others in breaking down a circuit to find the location of wiring faults

Attachments

• IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 14

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I have been thoroughly spoiled by the technology that I use working on some ford vehicles.

Ford has a rendered wiring diagram based on DTC’s and only draws out those circuits and connectors related to that DTC. It is really nice at times to have the clutter removed from the diagram.

Sounds like the Dearborn dudes are getting ever closer to the ultimate electronic troubleshooting bench
I've ever seen:

You must be registered for see images attach

2001: A Space Odyssey. Troubleshooting the predicted-bad AE-35 unit.

This movie came out in '68, and the young & impressionable Road Trip was blown
away. And as he started adding analog electronics to his mechanical repertoire, he
thought about this test bench where you would touch the circuit with the probe,
and with a few flashes of the screen the exact circuit touched would be displayed
along with pertinent data.

And ever since, every time I'm forced to learn a new/different set of wiring diagrams
organized in yet another way from yet another vendor, I am reminded of the
functional perfection of the scene above.

This is the only movie that I would choose to view yet again...instead of hitting the open road.

It's *that* good. :)

Last edited:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have to check that movie out

It's from a different time. This was released a little over a year before we first
landed on the moon, so you have to put yourself into the '68 perspective in order
to get the full effect.

And it's a Kubrick movie, adapted from an Arthur C. Clark book. It's not anything
like today's CGI movies, changing scenes every few frames, long on explosions &
short on story. Funny, the more explosions per minute the less a movie can hold
my interest?

It's definitely not for everyone, but neither is the sunset at the Grand Canyon. But
I think that both should be experienced, if for no other reason than to give yourself
a little more perspective & appreciation for the journey we're taking. :0) Enjoy!

Last edited: