Need help with signal switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 96 1500, one of the first major things I have to fix is the signal switches. I bought a brand new turn signal switch but that didn’t work, we’re not sure what else could it be. Could I get some help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 9

Gebo44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 96 1500, one of the first major things I have to fix is the signal switches. I bought a brand new turn signal switch but that didn’t work, we’re not sure what else could it be. Could I get some help?
What’s it doing?

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s it doing?
Emergency lights sort of work, just that the driver side tail light isn’t functioning. We figured that the circuit board is busted so I’m getting a new piece for it. Brake lights work, headlights work fine but it’s when I turn on the turn signals that nothing is responding

Gebo44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emergency lights sort of work, just that the driver side tail light isn’t functioning. We figured that the circuit board is busted so I’m getting a new piece for it. Brake lights work, headlights work fine but it’s when I turn on the turn signals that nothing

Gebo44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you have installed the new multi switch and still nothing on the turn signals!? If so, it sounds like a ground issue somewhere. There are only three wires to a tail light.. one is hot, one is ground and one makes it blink thru that multi switch.

Gebo44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Try this location for the turn signal flasher on your 96. I’m sure it’s close to there.., If not Google or youtube it’s location. Maybe this flasher is your problem! Probably a cheap part. Let me know if that’s it.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If ya got brake lights on both sides, focus on turn signal circuit. With both brake lights functional, bulbs and rear grounds are good. Get out your test light and start checking. Got the circuit diagram?
What was the problem before you started swapping parts?

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Try this location for the turn signal flasher on your 96. I’m sure it’s close to there.., If not Google or youtube it’s location. Maybe this flasher is your problem! Probably a cheap part. Let me know if that’s it.
We tried that earlier and couldn’t find it. Between six of us guys figuring out, we just decided to take it to an auto shop for the electrical issues.