Need help with a crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronpapemh

Reaction score
Hello, I am working on a 96 C1500 5.0L with a crank no start and looking for any help. It is not getting spark out of the ignition coil. I have 12v on the pink wire at the crank sensor, cam sensor, ignition module and ignition coil. RPM needle does not move during cranking and looked on scanner and it is reading 0 RPM during cranking. Had codes stored P0102-maf, P0106-map, p0300-random misfire, and a code for every o2 sensor- P0141, P0147, P0153, P0155, P1153. Not sure if those were stored previously or if it is a common concern with the no spark. I don't know much history on it I work at a used car lot and this was traded in. Thank you guys for any help!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Have you checked the Crank fuse in the dashboard fuse box? That may be "bad" even if it looks good. I've had to replace it on a couple of Burb's and it got them going. Also, crank sensor or rotor could be bad.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, verify the fuses.

I'd connect a scan tool and look at the crank sensor waveform.

Kinda guessing the crank sensor--or the wire harness for the crank sensor--is dead.

With no RPM signal, there'll be no fuel pump unless the engine cranks long enough to have oil pressure; no injector spray, and no spark.

There's a slim chance that the issue is in the computer, but much more likely to be the sensor or harness.