Need help, quickly plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big94GMC

Reaction score
Truck is a '94 GMC C1500.

The three wire wiper switch, which color wire is for the intermittent/lo/hi function? (purple, white, gray)

I have looked online for a wiring diagram, but I have struck out. I am still looking, but Google is of little help, and I am apparently a moron. Can anyone - with total confidence!! - tell me? Better yet, back it up with the diagram I'm looking for. Thanks, guys.

big94GMC

Reaction score
I'm trying to make sense of the diagram. What I'm sorta confused about is the org wire represented....since the switch I have (and the one I am replacing) has purple, white, and grey.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not to sidetrack you here but why are you replacing the switch? Is it literally broken (no resistance at all when turning the stalk) or are you just having problems with your wipers working? Hint: it's almost never, ever the switch...unless physically broken as I described.

Richard

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking as well. If your wipers are acting screwy it's your circuit board in the wiper motor. Probably bad solder joints which you can fix or just swap the board for $25. If your washer isn't working it's the pump in the tank.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought my switch was the wiper problem a long time ago so I switched it out with a new one and the only thing it fixed was the cruise control entirely on accident.