Need help making decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But my bar does work good for attaching lights to and some fishing rod holders for cruising the beach and i did bounce a deer off it 2 weeks after i got it lol.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol not on purpose, My girl friend at the time jinxed me. I was leaving her house and that was the first time ever she told me to be careful and watch out for deer, and not even a half a mile from her house I hit a deer. It just ran full speed out of the trees and I hit it before i could even hit the brakes, bounced off the bar and rolled under the truck and I ran it over with the front and back tires on the passenger side.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know plenty of people around here that will, but i'm not, I've hit 2 on my truck, the first one cracked the grill, but i hit that one before the bar going 80mph on the interstate. I'm not going to wreck my truck swerving to miss one either. I will only swerve to miss humans, Skunks, and an adult bear and I might even think twice about the bear. Can't replace people and its dang near impossible to get skunk smell out of a car if it sprays and comes in through the vents or windows when you hit it lol.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you think would be anyway you could fabricate a receiver far enough up under your truck to not get in the way of the plow, and just weld a longer bar onto the the craddle to slide it in? That might be possible, but It may put to much leverage on everything if you try to pull anything but almost straight forward.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the front hitch fabrication would be tucked as high up as humanly possible. I briefly considered getting a diesel bumper and offsetting the hitch so it goes through the bumper.