Need Help Badly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowdown112

Reaction score
Ok guys ive got a 94 c1500 2wd. Problem, tries to die on acceleration. Rough idle, once warmed up starts to die. Starts fine cold, will idle decent until its warm then starts to try and die until it eventually does.

NO codes are being thrown.

What ive done:
Plugs look like they are rich (dark in color).
No coolant in oil
New distributor cap rotor and coil.
New computer

I have replaced everything on the motor, and all motor accessories (ps/ac/wp) All sensors at least twice.

New motor, new edelbrock performer intake, ss headers, flowmaster exhaust. stock tbi.

PLEASE if you can help me get this thing running right id appreciate it. Too much money in it to sell it and I need my truck back. If you're around louisville ky you can even come by and check it out.

Please help im at a loss

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the plugs oily at all? Or just dark.

Vacuum leaks?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like fuel pump. It may be "sort of " working hence the start up and then stumble. I agree with @2 Sweet . Fuel pressure should be on your early agenda. Your truck is about the right age for the pump to be going and yes it is a PITA to change.

Let us know what you find. A completed thread is a good thread.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Hmm, its odd that its fine when cold (closed loop computer tune) then gets worse once its in open loop.

So, I am seeing stock computer with new engine and various performance parts. Did this engine ever run normal in its current configuration? I'm thinking it just needs a proper tune if it hasn't been done yet...

Beeffajitas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said you replaced sensors, but are you sure there isn't a broken wire in the temp sensor circuits?

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
Hmm, its odd that its fine when cold (closed loop computer tune) then gets worse once its in open loop.

I had a '92 Camaro (305 TBI) that did this. Literally the exact same symptoms the OP is stating. New fuel pump was the cure.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Running fine cold and dying warm could also be EGR related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My vote, fuel pump. Just had a similar issue with my moms truck. Cold it would start up fine but once it was running long enough for the pump to warm up it would stutter and die out. First we verified that the pump was recieving power, making sure there wasn't an issue somewhere in the wiring. New fuel pump and its runs fine.