need cam advice for 92 tpi motor, with tbi intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the tbi engine in my 95 chevy got some lower end noise. i have a 92 trans am with a 5.7 roller tpi engine. it was rear ended a few years, and rust is getting the best of it, and well its only got 60k on it, with no leaks, ticks or burning of any kind.

my tpi motor has the correct heads, that i can just slap my tbi intake on it and run. but i figured while its out, im gonna freshen it up a little bit, maybe put a small decent cam in it, that wont require any tuning. and stay on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

so looking at cam options. what are they?

also thinking about chaning my timing chain while i have it out. any recommendations of chain vs gears? or what chain is best?

thanks in advance.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
My buddy is running this in his stock 350 tpi.
http://www.cranecams.com/product/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=24200

Something similar to this and a new set of valve springs would be good IMO since it's close to the limits of tpi heads, I would do springs at the least.

I would also get a better flowing intake, and do the ultimate tbi mods with bumped up fuel pressure. Then some headers to make it breathe a little better and a good flowing exhaust.