NBS Steering Wheel 98+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to upgrade to a NBS steering wheel and keep the air bag working. So I need a NBS steering wheel & airbag so I can attempt this swap.

I would like to buy one in EXCELLENT condition.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Junkyards :imo, but you may want to check with the boyetts(broheimdesigns) on GMFS he just swapped the one in his NBS out for a SS steering wheel so he should have a spare IIRC

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've wanted to do this for a while now, but I think I may just try and find the OBS steering wheel airbag that is bigger. I have the flat one, and I want the one that comes out.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love my steering wheel style but its all ****** up and has a big raveling of tape at the top of it with a steering wheel cover over it. it feels as big around as a baseball bat lol. but its been like that since i got it. when i ran into the guy i got it from he was shocked to see how awesome the truck looked over stock and was really shocked that the steering wheel looked exactly as he left it. this happend like 2 weeks ago and sincle then i have wanted to fix this since i pretty much never thought about it before,

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love my steering wheel style but its all ****** up and has a big raveling of tape at the top of it with a steering wheel cover over it. it feels as big around as a baseball bat lol. but its been like that since i got it. when i ran into the guy i got it from he was shocked to see how awesome the truck looked over stock and was really shocked that the steering wheel looked exactly as he left it. this happend like 2 weeks ago and sincle then i have wanted to fix this since i pretty much never thought about it before,

Mine looks the same way

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got a steering wheel from a 04 trailblazer, without the wheel controls. (the wheel controls I had were not compatible with the pioneer double dins touch screen, made it go wacky) The airbag is a 2 stage with 2 plugs on it. However, I did find that the express/savanna full size vans and the HD and one ton trucks had a single stage airbag with the yellow plug like we have, so it should adapt. I did hear the wheel may have to be modified slightly to get it to work. I will be starting this one as soon as I obtain the airbag.

Of course a write up will follow...lol

Shawn