NBS Rear bumper on a OBS stepside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new rear bumper for my stepside, I got thinking about NBS bumpers. Would the newer bumpers bolt up or would there be cutting needed. Also my truck is a stepside, so I know the OBS bumpers are a little different. Also are there NBS bumpers that are paintable or are they all chrome?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
It has been done I don't know how much modification it takes if any. I know that is not a stepside but just find a bumper from a stepside and you can make it happen.

You must be registered for see images attach

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
It has been done I don't know how much modification it takes if any. I know that is not a stepside but just find a bumper from a stepside and you can make it happen.

fleetside and stepsides use the same bumper...

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
fleetside and stepsides use the same bumper...

How do you figure?
Yes just looking at it it is the same bumper but the part under the tailgate is cut different on each one. Just like on the gmt400, if you were to try and put a fleetside bumper on a stepside it would not work because the bumper would not slip into the correct spot.
Look at where the bumper on shortntalls truck stops compared to where the one on this stepside stops.

You must be registered for see images

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Look's good!

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a fleet side on my bumper, sense it was the only bumper i could order with out the moldings. Just took a little trimming on the upperpads. But other then that on the obs for sure they are basically the same bumper.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I used a fleet side on my bumper, sense it was the only bumper i could order with out the moldings. Just took a little trimming on the upperpads. But other then that on the obs for sure they are basically the same bumper.

That is what I am talking about, they are not the same bumper, if you want to trim go for it.
I am pretty sure you need to custom make some brackets.

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya that is what I noticed about the bumpers having to be trimmed, I'm having a hard time finding a OBS stepside paintable bumper in good shape, so that is why I was thinking about the NBS bumpers. We have an 03 truck too, so in the spring I may try and take it off and see how it could possibly fit.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
from my understanding its pretty easy. Leave your brackets on and let the nbs bumper sit on them with your top plastics off. Mark the holes to line up with the brackets. The outer brackets should line up but the inner you will have to drill. Ive been thinking about doing this