Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mint88

Reaction score
I own a 1988 C1500 that originally had a 305, but I swapped it to the 350 and have a couple mystery wires. Any guesses? More pictures will be in the comments.

Having a hard time uploading other pictures, so here is a link. Thanks!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• tempImage5zZebZ.png
    tempImage5zZebZ.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • tempImageShNGcP.png
    tempImageShNGcP.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did your 305 have an A.I.R. (smog) pump? I can't tell where that 2 wire connector is located but it looks close. The 1 wire connector could be for your Knock Sensor near the starter.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 2 wire is probably for the AIR pump diverter valve. The single wire at the back side of the passenger head...I have the same on mine and it doesn't go to anything either. It was just bundled up with the harness.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OP originally had a 305 - didn't the early ones run a knock sensor on each side? The connector is wrong for a knock sensor, though. Pull back the flex-loom and get a good look at the wire color; that may help.

I agree that the 2 pin connector is likely for the A.I.R. diverter valve. The early TBI's had the smog pump (A.I.R.) and many people deleted them when they failed.

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1-wire connector behind the valve cover, near A/C accumulator? Is it the ignition-timing wire that gets disconnected to check base timing?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you did the engine change did you tag what wires/ connectors were attached to what item?