Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mint88

Reaction score
Hey,

About a year ago, I did an engine swap on my 1988 C1500 from a 5.0 to a 5.7, and it mostly went well. However, there are a couple things I have not been able to work out. One thing is that it stalls every now and then. It'll happen when I am breaking, in park, accelerating, or whenever it feels the need to. Also, there are two mystery wires I have not been able to locate the spot for.

Thanks!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it stalls every now and then. It'll happen when I am breaking, in park, accelerating, or whenever it feels the need to.
When that was my '88 K1500, the magnet on the pickup coil was broken. Took a new mainshaft to fix it. Started out as a high-speed misfire. "High speed" got lower and lower, eventually it was stalling at idle. Then it stalled, and wouldn't re-start.

Easy to look for.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

If it's not that...connect a scan tool, look at the data stream.

Verify fuel pressure especially if it happens to stall while you're testing--did you lose fuel pressure and then it stalled...or did it stall and then lose fuel pressure?

Also, there are two mystery wires I have not been able to locate the spot for.
IN FOCUS, nicely-cropped photos showing some background.