Mystery pigtail brown and brown/white stripe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the service manual, start over set valves by service manual. Have scanner? What readings are getting, not just codes, what are your running numbers against what service manual calls for.
You will probably save time starting over rather than playing the guessing, three steps forward, two steps back game. Good luck.

Reaction score
I don’t have a very advanced scanner at my access. It only shows codes. I’ll try to just loosen the valves and start over tomorrow and assume this ones actually my fault. I’m not positive how a valve job turned into map sensor error. The truck ran before valves, but had clattering and had to be “hot wired” got the ignition all fixed but now you have to hold the pedal to the floor for it to start and it reeks of fuel and has MAP code

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t have a very advanced scanner at my access. It only shows codes. I’ll try to just loosen the valves and start over tomorrow and assume this ones actually my fault. I’m not positive how a valve job turned into map sensor error. The truck ran before valves, but had clattering and had to be “hot wired” got the ignition all fixed but now you have to hold the pedal to the floor for it to start and it reeks of fuel and has MAP code
sounds like your truck is super rich. Hence the throttle helps start. injectors doing good?
Throttle position sensor going good?
ECT?

is your vacuum harness on properly and that means no restrictions and feeding your map properly

Reaction score
No idea. Truck fired right up no issues previously. Revved up fine idled fine etc other thank noisy top end. Owner asked to tighten rockers(I didn’t remove valve covers owner did) so I did so. Finished up ignition and now truck won’t start. Throwing code po108, replaced map sensor still doesn’t start and still showing code.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No idea. Truck fired right up no issues previously. Revved up fine idled fine etc other thank noisy top end. Owner asked to tighten rockers(I didn’t remove valve covers owner did) so I did so. Finished up ignition and now truck won’t start. Throwing code po108, replaced map sensor still doesn’t start and still showing code.
define the code, and did you probe the wires to it

Reaction score
Backed off the rockers about 3/8 of a turn and truck fired right up no codes. But the knock knock is back.. lol I’ll create another thread dedicated to the knock