Mystery pigtail brown and brown/white stripe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

PDFs of the GM manuals (most years) can be downloaded here:

Reaction score
The air filter and intake tube were off the engine at the time, I know the maf is in that and was unplugged along with the other sensor in the intake tube. Where is the MAP located on this engine?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Top of the intake near the coil

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could, throwing off the computer’s fuel calculations. I would resolve those codes first though it sounds like the MAF code may be gone now if it was just unplugged earlier.

Reaction score
The truck did run fine prior to valve adjustment, but I didn’t remove anything the valve covers were already removed. I’ll get the intake back on to try and remove the codes

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The air filter and intake tube were off the engine at the time, I know the maf is in that and was unplugged along with the other sensor in the intake tube. Where is the MAP located on this engine?
I gave you the diagrams, did you look at them?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A bad signal from the MAP sensor will absolutely cause poor running due to rich fuel mixture.

The two sensors in the intake tube are the MAF and IAT

Richard

Reaction score
@GoToGuy yes, but this is my first modernish? 350. I’m used to carbs and I’ve got one tbi that’s gave me trouble since I got it. I’ll look into testing the map tonight

Reaction score
Truck continuing to run rough, smooths put with throttle but no completely, backfires, misses etc. replaced map and still get code po108. Unplug map while running and get po107. Faulty new map sensor? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and back off the valves some?