My truck is a killer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone else's truck kill things on the regular?

My truck kills a battery about every 2 years, which I've know for the last 15 years or so. Luckily its usually dead in my driveway, so I'm not stranded out anywhere.

New to me is it now likes to kill IAC valve about every 10 years. Is it my cheap 89 octane? Should I run Seafoam annually or something? I also don't remember those bad boys being so dang expensive. Just looked em up online and they're between $60-120. I remember them being like $30!

It also kills the tail light connector board about every 2 years.

Not that I ever plan on selling it, but if I did I'd feel like I'd need to disclose that stuff, haha.

Yes seems like parts and batteries dont last anymore. However check for a parasitic draw if not mentioned.

mine kills power steering pumps, lines, and seals on a regular basis. only problem I ever have with it

X2 big time. I've been cursed with power steering leaks. I redid my entire front end. And freakin ac delco gear box leaks..... after what I've been through I'll keep it, better then all the other years of fighting the steering wheel to turn lol

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally dumped Moog and went to Spicer. Three times the mileage between changes.

Brand doesn't matter. I have to remove the driveshaft to grease the ujoint and just don't do it as often as I should. Non greasable won't last a few thousand miles before the bearings turn to dust. The straps and bolts that hold the u joint on the 14 bolt rear are horribly undersized so they have to be replaced each time. Not the best design I've seen. I have an S10 with a stronger setup. I've done it enough it only takes about 30 minutes so it's not that bad, more of a nuisance than anything.

I'll be sure to give Spicer a try next time. Thanks.