My Slightly New 454 OBS ('98 2500 4x4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeves

Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it. A big issue that I see with getting two different doors with no towing mirrors on them is a slight color difference due to the sun, weather etc. I'd think about it if I could get my hands on a mint pair.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would either leave the mirrors or have the holes repaired. Changing doors and "hoping" they match is a stretch. Just remember a low mileage un touched truck is rare and hard to find. I have the same truck in white even the same mileage, and the first thing I did was color match the flares!

Attachments

• tires 001.jpg
    tires 001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21

Jeeves

Reaction score
I'm planning on taking it by a body shop to get the minor hail damage that I experienced a couple weeks ago fixed. While I'm there, I'll see if I can get an estimate on how much it would cost to replace the mirrors. Your truck is exactly how I want mine to look, down to the tires. I've seen a couple of 2500s ECSB with the plain mirrors, makes me sad that mine got the "dumbo mirrors" option.

On a side note, today I 'uglied' the truck up a little bit. By that, I mean that I put on an alternate set of tires that have a little bit more tread and I swung the towing mirrors in. The new set of tires are 245s and the previous set were 265s. They're sitting on stock rims and the rim on the passenger side is a little dinged up from serving as the spare for about a year. As soon as I get some extra cash I'd like to get a new set mounted onto the aftermarket rims that used to be on my truck. I'll try and get some pics the next time I leave campus.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man you gotta do what you gotta do, everyone is tight on money and the fun in owning one of these trucks or any trucks is making it how you want over time, I have found that rushing stuff never works out and the longer you have to wait or save for something the better the end result is.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man you gotta do what you gotta do, everyone is tight on money and the fun in owning one of these trucks or any trucks is making it how you want over time, I have found that rushing stuff never works out and the longer you have to wait or save for something the better the end result is.

x2 no sense in rushing into everything at once. Then you;ll have everything done and get bored with it haha.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts, now that I am in college my mods are going to be zero for the next few years so I can gather parts when I find them cheap and get some extra money, then when I get another vehicle, my current one can go under the knife.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeeves - in answer to the mirror conundrum, you could always find a pewter doors from a junkyard and then you wouldn't have to worry about the holes, maybe just repaint or just buffing the clear coat to make it match. But I do agree you need some 800 tows.

As for the wheels - get some PYOs like that white one. Looks so nice.

Other than that, I love the truck. Always wanted a 3/4 ton 400.

Jeeves

Reaction score
Jeeves - in answer to the mirror conundrum, you could always find a pewter doors from a junkyard and then you wouldn't have to worry about the holes, maybe just repaint or just buffing the clear coat to make it match. But I do agree you need some 800 tows.

As for the wheels - get some PYOs like that white one. Looks so nice.

Other than that, I love the truck. Always wanted a 3/4 ton 400.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try and go both routes and see which one is cheapest. If two doors cost me less than body work, then so it is. Either way, I'm going to fix the mirror issue lol. Also, are PYO wheels just optional wheels packaged with the truck when originally sold?